Thursday, August 30, 2012

MIM: two birds

Two birds, one stone: I wanted to participate in this week's Make it Monday to create a die cut banner, and I needed to wrap a birthday gift because my kids are invited to a party this weekend.
I found the buckets at Target's dollar bins a while ago and bought a few for stuff like this where the gift is smaller, or in this case, lots of small things.
 
 
I used PTI's star prints because it's one of the few where I have the stamp set AND the die. And it's perftect for a 9 year-old girl. I tietd scraps of some leftover batik fabric in between the stars, added some jewels... and done! I kind of feel like one of the roping rodeo cowboys right after they've finished roping a steer- you know, how they throw their hands in the air to show when they're done?

 
I also wanted to try some ombre-like stamping with the little finger daubers I bought forever ago. This was fun to make and pretty easypeasy!

1 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

super cute - love the ombre stars and the fabic ties!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!