Monday, August 20, 2012

MIM: fabric die cuts

Whew... it's been a while. I completely overscheduled myself this summer, so not only have I not had any crafting time, but I haven't had any ideas for a while. It was a little worrisome, because I have all this crafting STUFF, and it's seems wasteful not to be able to use it.

Crafting guilt?

School starts for my kids tomorrow but my classes don't start for another ten days, so I took the time to watch this week's Make it Monday. And finally got an idea:


I love batik- it's so beautiful without being overly patterned.  All of these butterflies came from the same strip of fabric. I didn't have any spray adhesive to back my fabric, so I used Heat n Bond, die cut several butterflies, and ironed them together so there is some bulk there. I then ran them through my sewing machine chain style and  it kind of looks like the sewing is antennae. They're kind of flat, so I embossed the background and added jewels to the front. I wish I could've figure out how to get the sentiment on the front. I stamped it inside, instead.

Papertrey Ink die, cardstock, sentiment
SU ink
Martha Stewart jewels
Cuttlebug embossing folder

5 comments:

Alex said...

How pretty! I love all the color on the butterflies against the white embossed card base! Thanks for sharing!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful! Butterflies will always be my favorite embellishment for a card. Your fabric and color choice is just perfect. :)

Nancy Guse said...

These butterflies are beautiful!

Melissa said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the bold prints in contrast to the white base. Beautiful card!
Melis

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!