Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tin Cap disks

I was rooting around in our storage room for something one day, and I found some leftover building materials from when my husband built our shed. Here is one of the things I found:


They're tin cap disks, usually uised in roofing. I think. I love these things. They're really thin, and easily punched, so we have made tags out of them. When the Moxie Fab challenge came for household tools, this was the first thing that came to mind. And so my kids and I started playing with them and discovered that we can emboss them and Sharpies work GREAT to color them. But then I noticed instead of  having a cool tool, I had made an embellishment instead. So here we go for the embossing challenge!


I was going for simple and elegant here. I embossed the cardstock first, and then threw three of the disks into the same embossing folder. It was kind of like a jigsaw puzzle after that to try and match up the swirls on the cardstock with the same swirls on the disks so they are all continuous. The sentiment is heat embossed on the bottom and the card is finished off with a little ribbon pleating. Fairly simple!

Papertrey Ink cardstock, sentiment, and ribbon
Cuttlebug embossing folder
tin cap disks
Versamark ink
Zing embossing powder
Paper studio corner punch




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!