Friday, September 16, 2011

Friends with Flair...and it finally dried!

TGIF! It's Friends with Flair Friday, plus there is a new Monthly Challenge!



Paper Studio and Papertrey Ink cardstock
GlimmerMist
Unity Stamp Co. stamps
Ribbon Boutique ribbon
PTI twine


The monthly challenge is to use leaves. I don't have any fall-ish dp because I don't like orange, so I had to make some, which started an all-afternoon long process. I sprayed the daylights out of some cardstock with GlimmerMist to get the fall colors for the leaves...and had to let it dry. When it was mostly dry, I couldn't get it to stick, so I brought out the Mod Podge....and had to let it dry. While I was waiting, I tried paper-piecing the leaves on the tag...which had to dry before I could trim it. I usually go for quick and easy, so this was torture. This is what I get for hating orange, but at least the new stamps got inky!

Thanks for any comments you have- it's always a wonderful was to start the weekend!

11 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Great job on being resourceful! Your leaves are beautiful!! :-)

Gwen said...

Well, it turned out beautifully! I'm with you, orange just doesn't do it for me. My project today will show you...I covered up orange!

StampinCathy said...

Your card is so pretty. Love how you did the leaves.

Angie Blom said...

great card!

Emily Keaton said...

This is beautiful. I love your leaves!

jennifer mitten said...

Cute card and sounds like an adventure making it...

JPScraps said...

Love your card!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card!!

Kary said...

Hi Sarah! Such a lovely card!! Love the leaves.

Roslyn said...

LOL on the waiting for everything to dry process - that drives me insane too - no patience! but your colours turned out great!

Amber Sheaves said...

LOL, but it looks great!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!