Friday, August 5, 2011

Friends with Flair Friday!

Happy Friday!

I finally finished the most detailed class I've ever taken and I think I was going into stamping withdrawal. My paper stash is not shrinking either, and I can't justify buying any more until I have room for it. My crafting room is starting to look like a candidate for "Hoarders".

Our school district has a "Back 2 School Bash" where all of the schools have a booth along with other family friendly organizations. To be honest, I have no idea what the point of it is. Our district is "schools of choice" and everyone knows where they're going by now, and I don't see the point of visiting other school booths. My family only went once and collected quite the pile of cheap plastic toys.

I'm on the PTO at my daughter's school now, and the other board members agree about the uselessness of cheap, plastic toys. This year, we put our money into 4 nice baskets of books and school supplies and we're going to have a drawing instead. The tags I made are for the baskets.

And I got my stamping fix.

Papertrey Ink cardstock and white ink
Tim Holtz distress ink
Unity stamps

Enjoy the last of your summer, ours is fast coming to an end!

16 comments:

Anne Tussing said...

Super cute tags! Also, I love the idea of books and school supplies rather than cheapo toys:)

Ruby said...

These are really cute tags.

shuggy said...

cute tags!

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE tags! Puts me in the mood for the kids to go to school

Jingle said...

Cute tags!!!

ddazzled71 said...

These are beautiful!

Jen M said...

Adorable tags and great idea!

Linda said...

I like your tags. They are so cute. I love flowers.

sharon g said...

I love your tags. Very nice

Kary said...

Hi Sarah! Love the tag idea, and I'm sure they make a great finishing touch to the baskets.

Jocelyn Olson said...

The tags are so cute! At first I thought they were bookmarks, although they could be used for that, too! Love those stamps and glad you got your stamping fix :)

Marilyn Nimmo said...

WONDERFUL tags!

Sarah said...

Love the tags! They will be a great addition to the baskets :)

Sarah
http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

Beejay said...

Cute tags!!!

jennifer mitten said...

Great tags! I love that alternative to cheap plastic crap that is probably made in China:-)

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Super cute tags!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!